Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Studio is Calling Me!

When I have been too busy to go into my studio and everyday life seems to get in the way~I feel an overwhelming pull coming from the basemen calling out... "Keeerrry . It starts as a soft whisper at first and then a little bit louder and louder until it becomes a scream that can't be ignored! When I reach my creative space- I'm in heaven and I breathe a deep sigh of relaxation.
I'm back!
Here is excuse #2 for spending time in your studio.
This one is by Jeannie M. Leighton~
"My two favourite excuses are: another day another dust bunny gets to live:and,creativity is calling-I'll take it in my studio".

OBTP
Obtp has been creating beautiful jewelry for over 25 years.
Check out her creating space.

Obtp
I have been creating one of a kind handmade jewelry for a little over 25 years. I use Semi Precious Stones, sterling silver and any eclectic or vintage stones I can find. Whenever we go away on vacations I am always looking in the local telephone books for bead stores. I really like to focus on earrings as I think for the most part it is more affordable for people that want to treat themselves to something nice without hurting the pocket book.
My husband has always been very supportive of me but of course not without all the jokes and comments most men would give. He recently had a portion of our very old basement finished into a bead room for me. Ok, ok so it's a bead room/laundry room but we all know I'll be the only one ever to go in it. So consider it just mine.
To help organize my special little spot I bought a nice crafting table at BigLots with a few little cubby holes for my tools and also some very inexspensive bookshelves and a JobLot.A helpful tip for your handmade jewelry is you should have it restrung every year or so, especially if it is a large chunky piece. After a while the wire can strech on it making it easy to break.

If there is one thing I can say about creating ,it is "Love" what you do and it will show in your work.

Make sure to visit www.obtp.etsy.com!


1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map