Monday, August 18, 2008

Inspiration


What inspires you?
Is it a song? a quote? amazing colours? talking to others? (not yourself! or maybe you inspire yourself~good for you!)
Above is a picture of my little art doll. She sits serenely in my studio and has become my creative muse. I can't seem to part with her now. Every time I look at her I feel peaceful and inspired.
Yesterday was a super fantabulous day. My city had their annual Art Sale and Exhibition ~Art In The Park~ with over 40 Artists and Artisans. Juried artists demonstrated and sold a variety of work.
I had a very successful day and was thrilled to have a chance to network and talk to people personally about my work. Shows or exhibitions are a great way to get more exposure for your art or craft. It's important to find a good match for you. Is it worth your time and energy?
For me this day was and I had a great day. I am inspired to step into my studio to create more. I enjoy seeing smiles and hearing the fantastic feedback. Everyone seems to enjoy telling me the special place they have for my art. They have already made a personal connection to my art and have made it their own. I love this !
So now I step into my studio, with fresh ideas and new inspiration.

Have a Peek at Mia's Inspiring Shop
Mia Sophia's Shop


Glass fascinates me. It can have different personalities and dimensions just by the way the light shines through it. I think everyone should have a special piece and that is why I use it to make jewelry. The favorite things I make are my miniature stained glass windows.

I take really special glass that has amazing characteristics, cut it to a small size so that everyone can have a piece for a window or to take with them on a chain. I make sure each one is special. My two spaces are my garage and my office

My garage studio is where I can do all my cutting, grinding and soldering. I use my office to put together the final touches and my packaging. I prefer my garage but, alas, no a/c so I can’t spend much time in there during the summer.

In order to stay organized I collect any kind of empty container to keep my glass. I organize it by color and size so that I can find the exact piece I need. I also have LOTS of Band-Aids handy! The mark of a glassier.


I love what I do and wouldn’t do anything else.
Visit Mia at her shop! http://www.miasophia.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map