Monday, August 31, 2009

The Thrill of the Hunt

Don't you just love the adventure of finding new materials, and being inspired by colours, finding treasures- old and new. Antoinette enjoys the hunt for materials and finds it almost more fun than making the objects. She says ...I'm always looking for great sales and interesting fabrics and yarns. This makes for original and one of a kind items. Have fun visiting her Etsy shop~ Ants Accessories at http://www.ayoka.etsy.com/
















My name is Antoinette and I am AntsAccessories. During my regular job I am a freelance makeup artist. There can be long intervals between projects and I needed a way to stay productive and creative. My husband bought me a new sewing machine complete with embroidery options and things started to take shape from there.


















I love fabric,yarn and beads and just cannot resist searching for bargains and new,
fun things. Antique shops and Thrift stores are also becoming an interesting source for my pincushion addiction. So really my shop is a product of addiction and obsession. As long as I have a need to collect materials and create things I will have my Etsy shop.

I am endlessly grateful that I am able to live a creative life. And again because I am given the opportunity to share it. I thought at first it would be hard to part with the things I took so much care making. But the experience has been quite rewarding, and my customers are very encouraging. So...I keep sewing.

















I don’t know that I can give advise on keeping organized since my work space and storage system is continually a work in progress. But for anyone who is uncertain or hesitates to push forward I say "Don’t stop, keep doing this thing you are driven to and good things will follow".

2 comments:

  1. I can tell by your etsy shop that you have that "need" to keep creating! Do you find it hard to make two of a kind of anything? I do!!! Great article and great shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing thi post, We buy vehicles is car removal and used car buyer based in Brisbane, Queensland. Selling your unwanted vehicle is only minutes away.
    Inquire via call or quote form. we buy scrap cars You can get your vehicle removed or sold to us. After the car requires a couple of repairs that you can’t afford, we will purchase it


    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map