Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Can Do That! I Want To Do That!

Lizzy was inspired to start making jewelry after a visit with her Aunt and admiring the beautiful pieces she was creating. Seeing these beautiful things made her think "I can do that"..."I want to do that". Inspiration seems to find us in the most unusual ways and places, sometimes when we least expect it...and it is wonderful! Have a look at LizzyB Designs~beautifully designed, exceptionally handcrafted, unique & wearable jewelry http://www.lizzybdesigns.etsy.com/.


























by LizzyBdesigns


I have always loved beautiful things, especially jewelry. Growing up I loved anything art: drawing, painting, pottery, photography..beading. As I got older however, I soon became distracted with 'real world' responsibilities & forgot my passion. I went away to college & decided that I needed a real career and never thought I could make money as an 'Artist'.
I continued to work through college and finally graduated with a B.A. in Psychology, deciding I wanted to be a therapist when I grew up:)


After my college days I worked with adults with developmental disabilities & now as an addictions counselor for the state. Needless to say my creative, carefree self was quickly slipping away from me. I have been working in the field now for almost 5 years and really do enjoy counseling. I am pursuing my Master's degree and working two jobs. Although, something was missing, and part of me just wasn't satisfied until January of this year when I decided to take a trip down to South Carolina to visit with some family there.


My Aunt has always always been an inspiration to me as she never lost her love for the art's, she practiced as a teacher for many years & has her own studio where she makes her lovely creations. When I went to visit with her a few months ago, it really got my creative blood flowing again. Seeing the items she was working on and visiting beautiful galleries in Asheville, NC just made me think "I can do that"..."I want to do that".

So when I got home that is what I did, and I have been enjoying the art of making jewelry ever since (only a few months now). I have taught myself little by little & have so much more to learn, but that is the fun of it...the possibilities are endless!! Artist Elizabeth Bohaker designs her handmade pieces using natural gemstones & other materials. As a lifelong resident of the Eastern Shore of Maryland, nature has always played an important part in her life.She is able to create one of a kind pieces by implementing her independent style & meticulous attention to detail. Every piece is unique & different as the stones used naturally come in different shade variations, shapes & sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map