Tuesday, August 18, 2009

OwlyBaby

Take a peek at this little cutie, Lucy. Mom enjoys creating handmade adorable outfits and other gorgeous items. Enjoy a visit to her wonderful Etsy shop www.owlybaby.etsy.com.
















by OwlyBaby

Hello! My name is Becky and I’m a new stay-at-home mom to my lovely daughter Lucy. I started Owly Baby when she was 2 months old because I was bored of sitting at home while she napped. I was used to working 70+ hours a week, so the stay-at-home lifestyle has been quite a change for me and my family. My husband is a professional baseball player and soon-to-be Lutheran pastor (ELCA). We are *almost* in transition between his two professions and a move to a nearby town. Just like most of the readers out there…I love to create. I’ve been a lifelong crafter, drifting in and out of painting, scrapbooking, jewelry making and sewing. Our apartment in very “cozy” (i.e. small) and my workspace is our kitchen table. This means that to eat dinner, I’ve got to put away the sewing machine and tools! It really forces me to be organized. I am very lucky to get a sewing room in our new home later this month. YAY!One of my best organizational tips is to put all small, related items together in a plastic or net bag. I then hang the bags in my closet for easy storage. Because the bags are see-through, it’s very easy to grab what you need! As a sewing tip, I love to use masking tape to take out a whole row of stitches at once or to clean up stray threads. What I enjoy most about sewing is making my own patterns and trying out new ideas, so I tend to have a lot of one-of-a-kind items. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I have so many new ideas I *try* to write them all down. I’d guess that only 70% of my ideas make it to paper and only 10% of those ever see the sewing machine. The thing I love about ETSY is that I can make 30 one of a kind items and still be in business!!!Thanks for looking at my shop and a special thanks to Etsy Studios for this opportunity to share!Become a Facebook Fan of OwlyBaby and get in on special deals! Search OwlyBaby on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map