Saturday, August 15, 2009

Magnificent

MegnificentCo is a lifelong Jersey girl who loves to create and be inspired. She believes that it is important to accessorize because it is a reflection of your personality, and something which allows you to experiment with more readily than anything else. Enjoy a visit to her shop and to be inspired by her beautiful pieces http://www.megnificentco.etsy.com/ .


















MegnificentCo
I started knitting and crocheting about six years ago, after I took a class at a local community college. I’ve always been artsy and crafty, but unfortunately, I did not pursue that avenue in college. I love all different types of yarn, but lately have gravitated towards the thicker, bulkier types (I like the exaggerated look and feel of them). I find it so rewarding when all the long hours of stitching results in wearable item. I look at the finished product and really feel proud of myself, because in the past, I tended to start projects and then abandon them. I work a 9-5 job with a 45-minute commute. I’m married and have 6 rescued pets, so I do have to manage my creative time wisely. I try to use any of my spare time towards working on my craft or tweaking my Etsy page. I do not have a set space where I like to knit—it depends on my mood, the season, the day. But I have an office with a craft table and an upstairs enclosed porch overlooking my backyard which makes a great “yarn” room. I enjoy working with bright, vibrant colors. I think accessories, such as scarves, are great to experiment with, and I try to search for patterns or develop ideas that deviate from traditional scarf designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map