Sunday, March 21, 2010

Create Artsy Upcycled Home Décor


Jessica has some lovely one of a kind treaures to share in her eco-friendly Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/ecofriendlyfreckles. "Everyone treasures a gift that gives back to Mother Nature."




by EcoFriendly Freckles
Greetings! My name is Jessica Woody; I am a soon to be 22 year old twin to my dearest sister and best-friend Andrea. I live in Bixby, Oklahoma on a miniature horse ranch with my wonderful husband, Joe, and our three charming cats: Magnum (magnificent long haired golden boy), Buster (sassy and overweight- short haired golden boy), and Nozomi (elegant Persian Flame Point Siamese girl)…the miniature horses and our kitties all have such funny personalities and brighten everyday! I love nurturing nature and I have a profound passion for recycling and transforming steel and tin cans into little hand-painted, decoupage masterpieces!



I create my upcycled decoupage canisters by selecting and cutting desired magazine clippings, yogi tea tags, and fortune cookie messages and arranging them in a complementary pattern to produce a one-of-a-kind theme and story. My living room has the perfect ambiance for me to be comfortable and inspired to be creative. I have a desk here that Joe and I share which is where I open a window and paint glossy Mod Podge on my canisters; this is also where I do my online marketing and update my Etsy shop and blog. Also in the living room, I have a comfy blue chair where I sort through my magazine clippings box, glue on images, and paint the tiny white freckles. I love the look of the white freckles on a glossy black background it creates a very stunning appearance as well as a fun texture. These little white freckles are on every canister I create and they embody my signature look, which is how I came up with my Etsy shop name: “Eco-Friendly Freckles”.



I currently work at Akins Natural Foods Market and I love studying about natural health, herbology, and aromatherapy in my free time, as well as nurturing our organic heirloom garden. This year Joe and I would love to set up a table at one of our local Farmer’s Markets! Aside from being a creative crafter, I also enjoy yoga, cooking, camping, biking, picnicking, long walks and talks, going to art galleries, bed and breakfasts, thrift stores, yard sales, antique shops, and mom-and-pop restaurants.

My dream is to show the world that it is possible to create something beautiful and functional out of recycled materials. I have discovered how to create artsy upcycled home décor that can contain small treasures, candles, and even pens and pencils! I love to keep my personal favorite creations filled with little individually wrapped dark chocolates: my guilty pleasure! ;-)
 

7 comments:

  1. Jessica gave a wonderful history of the enchanting "Red Door" on her blog.
    Check it out!
    http://ecofriendlyfreckles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kerry for posting this wonderful feature! I have nominated you to receive the Sunshine Award! You are graciously rewarded for your generosity and awesome blog...you can check out my blog for more details and to receive your award!

    http://ecofriendlyfreckles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these. Good luck in your business!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful shop and seller to feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! You ladies are so sweet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very lovely and creative. It's possible to turn a trash into treasure if you just try to be creative. Anyway, good luck on your etsy career!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you make these? They look totally cute! So how's your business now? And did you ever have a hard time keeping up with your business?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map