Sunday, May 16, 2010

Archaic and Exotic

Enjoy a visit to Amore Valkyrie http://www.etsy.com/shop/amorevalkyrie where you will find fine precious jewelry with an old world aesthetic.

About Amore Valkyrie:

Amore Valkyrie jewelry strives to hint at the archaic and exotic - while being refined enough to wear every day. Pieces are intriguingly unusual, excitingly strange. There is mystery in an eye-catching piece that whispers of the old world.



About me:
For me, Amore Valkyrie is 1) an expression of ideas continuously coming, and 2) a replacement for things I've always been looking for.


As for the first thing - I dabble in art things, but haven’t committed until now - little bit of design school, fashion, creative writing, and so on. I feel art is a search - for me, it is an endless attempt to express an aesthetic idea I can't put my finger on. Thus, Amore Valkyrie is a tiny expression of artistic ideas I've always contemplated.



As for the second - for a while, I was a freelance blogger for a few fashion blogs. I wrote admiringly of the brave new endeavors of designers and drowned my laptop with pictures of designs I thought provoking and inspiring. Fashion encourages you to shop and browse ravenously, but yet I never found exactly what I wanted. Therefore, Amore Valkyrie is a growing collection of items I've always wanted, but never found.



I'm most inspired by what is ancient - really, really ancient. Still, something most important to me is letting my pieces hint at the old, while still being wearable and down to earth – therefore, I use only durable, high quality materials like precious stones, fine chain, sterling silver and gold. It would be a big dream come true for me to see others wearing Amore Valkyrie pieces day to day. Etsy Studios - thank you so much for featuring me and many other start up Etsy-ers! I am so hugely grateful to Etsy for being not only a service, but also a community that encourages me to let Amore Valkyrie keep growing.


At the moment, my workspace is a dining table and everything fits in a big white Staples file box (which doubles as my tabletop photography cube!)

Visit Amore Valkyrie:
twitter: http://twitter.com/amorevalkyrie
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/amorevalkyrie/
blog: http://amorevalkyrie.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map