Friday, November 16, 2012

Green Street Mosaics






Green Street Mosaics on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreenStreetMosaics features mosaic mirrors, custom name mosaics, address signs, picture frames, and more. The materials I use are colorful glass tiles that I cut with tile nippers into the size and shape that I am looking for. After adhering the glass, I grout, clean, polish, and seal.
Mosaic Christmas Ornament, Multicolored
Green Street Mosaics was “born” in January 2012 and is named after the beautiful tree lined street in the Historic District of downtown Annapolis where my husband and I lived before recently moving to Florida. I am lucky that I now have a dedicated studio of my own in our new home in St. Petersburg. In my workspace you will find lots and lots of colored tiles and various works in progress.
Mosaic Mirror, Wall Art, Mirror Tiles
The mosaics that I enjoy creating the most are custom name mosaics. I have created name signs for new babies, in memory of loved ones, for father’s day, birthday, anniversary gifts - you name it. I love the idea of taking such small pieces of glass and forming a name or image that is special and personal. 
House Numbers Mosaic Address Sign

I also really love playing around with different color combinations. I have hundreds of different colors arranged in bins in my studio. When I start a new piece, it is like a kid in a candy store deciding which colors I want to work with next.


Favorite quote... "Little by little does the trick " - Aesop. This sums up how I feel about mosaics. Each little piece of glass comes together with every other little piece of glass to create something beautiful.

Here are some fabulous studio pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map