Saturday, July 17, 2010

Vintage French Flea Market

Be sure to drop by Ben and Jess http://www.etsy.com/shop/BenandJess
 a lovely Etsy shop with lots of handmade goodies including handmade paper holiday and party decorations, cards, tags and gifts, monogram letters and chenille Scottie dogs.
"All of Ben & Jess's items are personally handmade by me from quality vintage french flea market inspired scrapbooking papers and fabrics. The utmost love, care and creativity is put into each piece."


by Ben and Jess
My name is Tracey Jane and I live, work and play in Sydney, Australia. I get my love of making and crafting from my mother. Wonderful things would come out of her craft room. She shared her love and knowledge of crafting with me for which I will be forever grateful.


I’m a bit of a bower bird and love to collect old things. As I’m a self confessed craftaholic I collect vintage craft books, patterns and fabrics. I also collect vintage blue and white china. My love of all things old comes through in the things I make by way of using chenille fabrics and vintage inspired scrapbooking paper.



I have recently returned to my first love which is cross stitch. A new range of cross stitched fairy inspired love hearts will be appearing in my Etsy store soon. I love the rhythm that I get into when I stitch and the sound of the thread going through the fabric. It soothes my soul and relaxes my mind. I have a beautiful old wing backed reclining chair that I sit in when I stitch - it's pure bliss.

I am lucky enough to have a dedicated crafting space which overlooks our garden. This means that I can leave things out to ponder about and fiddle with until they are right. It is next to the heart of our home the kitchen where we will gather and eat and talk and eat.


My favourite quote "An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The red thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break" -Ancient Chinese proverb.


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful vintage it is so cute I love it. Keep posting!

    toni

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map