Monday, July 19, 2010

Feminine and Oh So Pretty

Be sure to drop by this new etsy shop Blushing Dove Boutique  http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlushingDoveBoutique
where you are sure to discover lovely little pretties including very cute handmade jewelry and accessories.

by Blushing Dove Boutique
My name is Amy Lilley, and I live in Newark-on-Trent (UK). I have always loved art and making things, but had very little time to pursue this interest whilst studying an English degree at university. In my final year of university I was fortunate to meet my best friend, and love of my life, and we married soon after I graduated (last August). Being out of uni, out of work, and living in a new place, I had mixed emotions.

On the one hand I found myself overjoyed at the excitement of our starting out our new life together, yet I also felt a bit down and isolated because of all of the changes. It was the need to occupy myself whilst I was looking for a job that really sparked my creative side. At university I had dressed a bit wacky, and was often mistaken for an art student. Now married, I had ‘toned’ it down a bit in relation to my dress sense, and I think making headbands and jewellery became my more hands-on creative outlet.




My favourite place to work is at my kitchen table! I spend so much time in the kitchen, and love all of the hubbub that goes on in this part of the house. To me it is a place of productivity, play, relaxation, fellowship, family, and inspiration. I can't think of a better place to be creative!


I love all things cute and girlie, and consider my pieces fun and playful, yet pretty and elegant. I want women of all ages to look and feel every bit as beautiful as they are in my pieces, and hope to grow my ‘Blushing Dove Boutique’ into a small business.



Here are a few favourite quotes:

'The real act of discovery consists, not in finding new lands, but in seeing with new eyes'-Marcel Proust

'You can't find a value under a microscope'- Captain Corelli (Captain Corelli’s Mandolin, Louis de Bernieres)

'There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is.'-Albert Einstein

‘Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don’t have’ - Ecclesiastes 6:9
 
 


Here is Amy in her 'work space',( her kitchen) and her happy little helper/ companion, Dolly.







 
Visit Amy's blog www.facebook.com/BlushingDoveBoutique
She is a member of 'Team Imagination':

http://willcreate4adollar.com/
http://officialhouseofimagination.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map