Thursday, April 15, 2010

We Are Truly A Global Community

Char's lovely etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/charstreasures has many wonderful
items to choose from. She loves what she does and gets "a real buzz out of creating useful items with vintage fabrics, doileys & trims".

by Char's Treasures

Hi there, my name is Charmaine, but my friends call me Char. I’m married to a very supportive husband and live at Tannum Sands which is a picturesque part of the Australian coast in Central Queensland.



I have been crafting my whole life whether it be knitting, crochet, cross stitch, decoupage, patchwork or my current passion of cardmarking. I love the creative process of card making and gain inspiration from all kinds of things, often I see in my minds eye a trim, button or a piece of jewellery on a card before I actually create it, sometimes it doesn’t always go to plan but the failures often generate more thoughts and off I go again on a different tangent. My main aim is make things that are functional and stylish and where possible use recycled items such as fabrics, trims, buttons and discarded or broken jewellery. Why buy a store bought card when you can buy a work of art.



My preferred studio environment is outside in the fresh air and sunlight, I have a dog and a cat to keep me company as well as 2 groups of native birds that come for a visit and a chat several times a day.

I've only been a member of Etsy since January this year but I just love the diversity of items and the talent of the crafters found on Etsy but most of all I love the way that fellow fellow Etsians extend the hand of friendship from all areas of the world. We truly are a global community.

Visit my blog - http://charstreasures.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map