Monday, April 19, 2010

I Grew to Absolutely LOVE it!


Meet Cari and her quaint shop Designs by Cari http://www.etsy.com/shop/cari4jc1 where you will find wonderful "handmade crochet accessories like the popular mary jane slippers, headbands, mug cozies and more. These are fun, modern and up-to-date pieces that will add a little something special to your wardrobe and home."


by Designs by Cari
Hello! Allow me to introduce myself…my name is Cari. I’m an almost 27 year old wife and stay at home mother of 2 boys, Dakotah and Kaiden, who will be 5 and 2 in April.


If you would have told me a few years ago that I would have a crochet business I probably would have laughed. Both of my parents were crafty. My Dad had a pottery business and my Mom had a sewing business, but I had zero interest in crafts. I actually picked up crochet as a “pregnancy project” while pregnant with Kaiden. At the time I just wanted to make him a baby blanket, but then I ended up making him a hat and booties and somewhere along the line I just couldn’t stop. I grew to absolutely LOVE it! I guess my parents passed their craftiness onto me…it just kicked in a little late.



Aside from being with my family, my 2 favorite places to be are in the yarn store and sitting in “my spot” on the couch crafting my next crochet project. At night when I lay in bed trying to go to sleep I can’t help but think about what I’m going to make the next day. I’m constantly thinking of colors and color combinations and ways to make things better. I get so excited every time I make something new. I always think that it’s the cutest thing I’ve made so far, but of course I think the same thing after finishing my next project too.





My goal is to pass on a little happiness with each pair of slippers or headband or mug cozy I make. I hope that as the customer is using their new beauty that they are smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map