Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Very First Primitive Folk Art Doll

Here is my new little handmade Primitive art doll. I had so much fun creating today! It all started late last night just after my little ones went off to bed. I have been wanting to try to make an art doll out of clay for a long time. When I was away recently I picked up a fabulous magazine called "prims" Art Inspired by a Bygone Era published through Stampington & Company which is the the same company that publishes my most fav magazine ever "Somerset Studios".

I was thrilled to find this Premier issue and couldn't wait until I could find the time to give it a try!
...As I was saying I started around 9:00 last night and forced myself to go to bed around 2:00 knowing that my little ones were going to be awake at their regular "early" hours. I was having so much fun that I had considered pulling an all nighter- but thought better of it.

I woke up early because I was so excited to get back to creating my little doll. It was the first day in a very long time that I spent creating with no regard of time. My girls would come in and out and spend time with me, creating their own work and chatting while my little doll was taking shape. They helped me to pick out her wings and her dress, the beautiful rhinestone vintage pin she should wear and the colour of her hair. We could see her coming to life and were excited to see her complete.

Many hours later...around 4:00 this afternoon I finally completed my little Prim doll. I think that she is adorable and I had so much fun that I can't wait to make another very soon! You can see more pictures of her in my Etsy shop http://www.thereddoor.etsy.com/.

6 comments:

  1. Found you via the etsy forums. She is very sweet! Are those wings that I see peaking out from behind her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable doll with an elegant antique look...you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job creating our primative girl. She's gorgeous.

    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks great, I love the Somerset Studio magazines by Stampington Company too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words everyone.
    I had so much fun that I can't wait to try creating more!
    Yes Malea they are little wings peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet! And how wonderful that you were able to have it be a collective effort with your girls...... That makes her extra special!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map