Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Distinct Designs

Featured Shop
My Distinct Designs

Enjoy a visit to My Distinct Designs http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyDistinctDesigns where you will find beautiful handmade sterling silver jewelry featuring swarovski crystals, unique beautiful beads and charms.
Silver Locket Necklace, Heart Locket, Victorian Locket Necklace, Pink Pearl Bridesmaid Necklace
by Sherry
I have been designing and making jewelry for over 15 years. This all started for me when I owned an upscale ladies boutique. I owned my boutique for 15 years and it was very hard at times to find the perfect pieces of jewelry to put with the items I sold in my boutique. I started creating my own pieces. In 2006 I decided that I needed a change so I closed my boutique but still had the desire to create jewelry. I sold my pieces to a handful of shops. I saw an article in Woman's Day in 2007 (I think that was the year) about Etsy. I didn't decide until 2011 to take the leap to on line selling. To say on line selling was a learning curve for me is an understatement. I had and still have so much to learn. The designing part is the easy part for me. I go to sleep at night with ideas spinning in my head. Each day I try to balance my day between working on my business and taking care of the day to day demands of life in general.  I have a spare bedroom in my home that I have turned into my studio. I sit at my work table and "get lost" in my jewelry.
Silver Leaf Earrings,  Skeleton Leaf Earrings, Nature Jewelry, Sterling Silver Dangle Earrings

My favorite material to work with is sterling silver. I do use other pieces that go with sterling like swarovski crystals and a few other materials. That way I can have color and diversity. I love to wear my own pieces. It is very rewarding when I get compliments on my jewelry and inquiries about my business. I still have a few shops where I sell my jewelry and I do a few shows. I have to be selective about the # of shows I do because of time. It can become very consuming.
Silver Infinity Bracelet,  Bridesmaid Gift, Wedding Jewelry, Best Friend Eternity Friendship Bracelet, Sterling Silver Handmade Jewelry

My favorite things to do when I am not working is spending time with my family and playing tennis.
In closing I would like to say that I love what I do. I love designing and making jewelry. It is a great feeling when someone picks my jewelry out of the thousands of pieces of jewelry on Etsy.

Silver Flower Pendant Necklace,  Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace, Handmade Sterling Silver Jewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map