Sunday, January 31, 2010

The World Is My Studio


Emelia's Extraordinary Beauty
Enjoy a visit to Emelia's beautiful etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/EmeliaJane to be inspired by Emelia's amazing talent to find the unusual and extraordinary beauty hiding within ordinary objects.

by Emilia Jane
My name is Emelia and I have been completely enthralled with photography for as long as I can remember. I am inspired by the unusual and extraordinary beauty hiding within ordinary objects. It brings me so much pleasure to know that when I capture an image in my lens, that flash in time will never recur, however it will live on forever in my photograph. I love looking at an image and being transported to the feeling of that particular moment in time...the smell of a garden in the early morning, the electricity before a summer storm, the warmth of a loved possession. I was inspired by my Baba (grandmother), who was a book illustrator and water color painter to pursue my passion and after working as a glass blower for ten years I finally did! Other than being a photographer I am an avid illustrator (I have a second shop http://www.belliuccelli.etsy.com/ ), old cemetery enthusiast, treasure hunter and lover of chocolate!











































I am an extremely organized person (when I was little I cleaned my room for fun and fantasied about winning an award for the cleanest room in the world...dork!) I have a studio where I mostly illustrate, sew, do book keeping and pack and ship; the outside world is the studio for my camera! I chart all of my profits and expenses on my computer (I am big on charts and graphs) and I file everything! Everything in my studio has a home and when I am done with the item it goes back to its home, no excuses!


My best advice is to do what you love!!! Make sure to fit your passion into your schedule at least once a day...draw a line, string a bead, take a photograph!
 

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog! Such a wonderful idea to have a blog that is dedicated to featuring other artists and their studios.
    Enjoyed the article on Emelia Jane, her photos are just super.
    Keep up the good work Kerry.
    I came across your blog url in an etsy forums thread about blogs. I'm now a new follower of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for featuring my work in your beautiful blog Kerry! I am so thrilled and honored that you took the time to interview me and put together this amazing feature!!!

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found your blog to follow! What a great write up you did. :) I'm going to check out her shops now. I'm following you!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map