Monday, October 12, 2009

Designer Knit Trends and Fashions

Lana O'Neill is the creator and designer for KnitBerry.com site. She has a passion to make stylish accessories for women. Her designs "come from intense research of fashion and seasonal trends and color. I pick my favorite designers, which for this Fall 2009 season are Marc by Marc Jacobs and Chanel. I then decide what type of hat or scarf would go with their runway outfits, and that's how I create my items. " Enjoy a visit to her stylish Etsy shop http://www.knitberry.etsy.com/ and her website http://www.knitberry.com/ .
Don't forget to have a peek at her adorable children's knits too.



























byKnitBerry

KnitBerry.com website started 2 years ago with primary focus on handmade knitwear for children. Many people saw what I have made for my little kids and wanted me to make them the same thing. But I also had a passion to make stylish accessories for women. That is what I am primarily making now and of course I cannot forget about the kids so I design fun hats and make outfits as special orders. I knit just about anywhere - at home, in the car (while my husband is driving), while I wait for the kids to get off school, on vacation... I knit when I get inspired, and that can happen just about anywhere, so I always make sure to bring my knitting needles, and a notebook, just in case I need to sketch a design while it's fresh in my head.




















My favorite needles to use are the circular needles. Many people ask me why do I use two "needles on wires" and it is because it is easier to measure the knitted item. It is also easier on my hands, because on straight needles the knitted fabric seems to weigh down on my wrists. Lately, because of so many projects, my hands have been suffering. I am trying to limit my time knitting and that also means choosing most meaningful projects to make, since I can only make so many. My designs come from intense research of fashion and seasonal trend and color. I pick my favorite designers, which for this Fall 2009 season are Marc by Marc Jacobs and Chanel. I then decide what type of hat or scarf would go with their runway outfits, and that's how I create my items. Hope you enjoy wearing them as much as I enjoy making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map