Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Plants Inspire Me to Create

Be sure to visit Chicweeds amazing Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/chicweed where you will find Air Plants and Succulent Arrangements for the urban dweller. Each piece is individually handcrafted by Chicweed.


by Chicweed
"The first time I learned about succulents and air plants was back when I was working in Los Angeles for a staging company called Meridith Baer and Associates. We had purchased a couple of succulents and air plants from Rolling Greens Nursery, and I remember asking the lady in charge of the plants what they were and how easy it was to care for them.



That day was the beginning of my love affair with succulents, air plants and cactus. I haven't stopped since. I now live in San Diego with my husband and my collection just keeps on growing. My plants actually inspire me to create. I can look at a particular plant and decide instantly what I want to do with it. My husband keeps teasing me about the number of plants I bring home each day from trips to nurseries.






It's not easy having to work with plants without a garden! We only have a balcony in our 2 BR condo. However, the challenge lies in being able to propagate plants and beauty despite the lack of space.



I believe everyone, whether they live in a huge mansion with an enormous garden, or whether they live in a tiny studio with a sunny window, should be able to enjoy a little green in their life. This is why I create: to impart some of that beauty and joy to the world.



My favorite quote comes from Paulo Coelho: "When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to help you get it."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map