Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mee a Bee ~ All That's Cute From Japan




About my shop:

Mee a Bee, all that's cute from Japan.









Who are you?

I'm Jacqui Miyabayashi, a New Zealander living long-term in Japan. I'm stay-at-home mum to two boys aged three and eight.






















Tell us about your store and its products:

Mee a Bee is a specialty bag store. I make bags for young children using the best materials available here in Japan. The majority of the fabrics I use are Oeko-Tex certified which means dangerous chemicals are not used in the dyes or treatment. They are deemed non-toxic which important especially for children's goods.My most popular bags are the Little Kids' Messenger bags.
















My design is simple. It lets the gorgeous fabrics speak for themselves. I take a lot of time in choosing the best fabrics combining them carefully with the right lining fabrics, straps and even thread.The fabric prints are not character-driven so you won't find the latest television super-hero in my store. Your child's imagination will be enriched with fairytales, pirates or ballerinas. Or perhaps you have a car-obsessed little boy like I do.Buying a Mee a Bee bag you can be assured it is absolutely unique. It was made entirely by hand by a mum (just like you). It was made in Japan - cool! It looks cute and is also functional.


How did the business come about? Shortly after the birth of my second child I started thinking really seriously about starting my own business. Since I had a small baby as well as a child in kindergarten, it needed to be something I could run from home in between my duties as a mum. An online business seemed the obvious direction to go in. I had discovered Etsy which was in the back of my mind. I was not particularly strong in any one area of making stuff although I do consider myself crafty. I was sewing some bags for my son's craft fair when I had a lightbulb moment. I did some research and decided that the area of children's bags would be a great little niche to explore. Living in Japan I have direct access to the amazing textiles produced here. Two years later and I am still really happy with my decision.


Mee a Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map