Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stymiepie Studies

Have you always wanted to create art?! I can remember loving to create as a kid and it being my favourite subject in elementary school. I'm happiest when I am creating and was excited to be inspired to create again as an adult. Stymiepie Studios shares her creative start and inspirations. I love her little Fairies. Leave me a comment and share what inspires you!














Enjoy a visit to her shop http://www.stymiepiestudios.etsy.com/
and her wonderful blog http://stymiepiestudios.blogspot.com/

i've been an artist since i was about 3 years old. as my mom used to tell it, she would put some brown paper shopping bags on the kitchen floor with crayons to keep me quiet while she worked around the house. the rest is history. i've never been quiet, and i've never stopped drawing. i went to art & design high school in new york city, taking the train from brooklyn every morning, thinking i was the coolest kid alive: with a giant black beret, long black coat, black platform shoes , false eyelashes and my portfolio. looking back now , i guess it freaked out the businessmen on their way to work..but i was an ARTIST!!! i handpaint gifts for kids and create custom art based on whatever inspires me. i'm into a fairy/mermaid/baby animal thing right now..it amazes me that an idea or picture will come into my head and my hand puts down what i see on paper..most of the time, it's exactly the way i want it, but when you hit that "block" it's like being underwater..the harder you try , the worse it is. i've always worked in the art field and i'm grateful that i've been able to spend my work life doing what i love. although i have a mural business (www.pixiedustmurals.com) that's taken me all over the country, my etsy shop is one of my proudest achievements..i've never had a shop before, and learning how to run this business and meet the incredible artisans on this site has been so much fun.

1 comment:

  1. thank you kerry..you've made me so proud. it's very generous and kind of you to feature me in this way, especially on your artful blog. i'm honored! ♥ leslie/stymiepie

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map