Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Only One"


Be prepared to be "awwwwwed" by these fabulously adorable knitted treasures. You are sure to fall in love when you visit Only One's etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/bgordon2 .
Have fun browsing!

by Only One
"The gift of a knitted bear, which has been carefully and lovingly made, will be treasured far more ... and chances are, it will still have a loving home long after more commercial toys have been sent to the charity shops." ~ Sandra Polley



I am a 28-year-old elementary school teacher, and I’m currently on maternity leave with my beautiful 6-month old daughter. During her naptimes, I knit (when I probably should be doing laundry or catching up on sleep!). I just started my Etsy shop, called Only One. I named it Only One because each item is the “only one” of its kind! Also, when I was young, my parents called naptime an "only one", and each of my toys would be perfect for little kids to keep them company during their naps. 





I love to knit, and I especially love creating unique toys and collectibles that make me smile. For years I mostly knit teddy bears, altering patterns by shrinking the heads, lengthening the arms, etc. Now I design and knit many different toys, usually with bright colors and distinct personalities. Several of my toys have cute poems included too.



Usually, I knit in my family room because that is where I’m most comfortable, but that can get a bit messy. Recently, my husband suggested that I take some time to organize my supplies, so we found a 4-drawer cart that fits next to my sofa. Now all of the main supplies (needles, felt, thread, etc.) are conveniently located, organized, and hidden away.



I’m always adding to my Etsy shop, so I hope you’ll visit often!



Cheers,

Bonnie King

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my shop!

    (here's my newest listing... Bingle Bear! http://www.etsy.com/listing/50104448/handmade-knit-bear-bingle-bear-with)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are soooo adorable. I love the little knitted bird family!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Fine Gifts ~ Featuring Folk Art by Kerry ~

Edensgiftbaskets.Com - The Gallery of Fine Gifts - As connoisseurs of good taste Edensgiftbaskets.Com delivers beautiful artistic gift baskets, fruit baskets, fresh flowers, baby diaper cakes, bridal shower wedding towel cakes, roses and stunning gift creations nationwide, with everyday free shipping!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map